Hello from West Yorkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

magictime

Hi all! Just bought myself a second-hand hybrid (GT Transeo 1.0) with the intention of starting to ride on towpaths etc. in the first instance. Unfortunately the chain decided to snap within about 20 minutes of me riding up and down trying to get the hang of the very basics - starting and stopping, changing gears - so now I need to get that fixed before I can get started. Very frustrating!

I've owned bikes in the past - a cheap folder a few years ago, a cheap mountain bike a few years before that, a cheap racing bike (as they were called at the time!) in my teens - but never got into the cycling habit or felt very confident on a bike. I'm hoping to stick with it this time, partly because I need to get more exercise than I do (advice from a physio following recent back pain, but it's not as if I didn't know anyway!) and partly because I find I'm more and more drawn to the great outdoors as I get older and cycling seems like a good way to enjoy it.

Reactions: mjr

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
Hello, I'm also from West Yorkshire :smile:

Hope you enjoy the forums.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Hello from Halifax, what part of West Yorkshire do you come from?
There are a few of us locally and one member organizes fairly regular forum rides should you be interested.

Venod

Eh up
Hi and welcome from another West Yorkshire lad, Im in the far east (Pontefract) but ride the Leeds/Liverpool canal a lot.

OP
OP
M

magictime

I'm in Shipley and looking forward to riding the L&L (which I already know and love from past experience of boating).

Mrs M

Guru
:welcome:

Top Bottom