Hello from the sprawling metropolis of Fort St John!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi there everyone! Just checking in - I haven't touched a bike for about ten years, but I recently got it in my mind to bike a good part of the Alaska Highway (big group of friends, none of us particularly bikers, each taking turns driving a truck as we go).

Looking forwards to picking some brains!

Cheers,

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi and :welcome:

Sounds like an interesting challenge, I hope it goes well. There are loads of helpful people on here so feel free to ask questions.:thumbsup:

Ganymede

Veteran
Being stuck in bed with a cold, I ended up googling Fort St John, then just looking at the whole of Canada. IT'S HUGE...!! I mean, I knew that theoretically, but looking at the map is something else. And so empty. I feel the lure of the wild...

Anyway, welcome to the forum and I hope Alaska is fab.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
:welcome:

I've spent a good few holidays in BC staying with friends on the Gulf Islands. Your country seems so vast and empty to someone who is used to the UK. There are lots of people here who will give excellent advice about touring. Have fun.

Dark46

Veteran
Hi and welcome to the forums

Leaway2

Lycrist
With you on the forum, I guess we can never ever complain about the cold in the UK.

Good luck with your challenge. I Googled Alaska Highway, and some of it looks a bit dodgy :ohmy:.

Last edited:

David Higson

Hello and welcome. Good to see another member. Looked up Fort St John and discovered that it has moved around six times in its history - now that's what I call an "energetic city"

Top Bottom