Hello from Surrey, UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LauraMagsGreen

Hiya, total novice from rural Surrey here, only ever really been a bike commuter and have no bike-riding chums in real life to bore to death/pinch some knowledge from!

Currently riding a Fuji Absolute 1.3 in exactly the state it arrived in, considering making a few changes or (I don't want to but might have to) switching over to something else. Here to read what other people are up to and find out a bit more!

Reactions: mjr

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello and welcome to the forum :welcome:

lazybloke

Priest of the cult of Chris Rea
Hi @LauraMagsGreen and welcome,
You've perked my interest by mentioning Guildford, as I work there a few days a week and have been commuting (by bike). I don't think much of the rush hour traffic in Guildford, so have been using Route 2 from Darren's link above - the North Downs Trackway. Getting very muddy now, but in summer it was a delightful woodland ride in dappled shade.

If you prefer road cycling have a look at the Evans Sportive, run by their local store in Woodbridge Meadows. I did the event back in July but it's about to be repeated - a good way to meet up with some other cyclists.

OP
OP
LauraMagsGreen

LauraMagsGreen

Thank you everyone!

Darren, that's the website of dreams, I had no idea it existed, thank you!!

Thanks for the info on that, lazybloke, I'll have a look! The Sportive looks ace, do they let trundlers in?! Rush hour is a bit gnarly eh, I've been looking at the tow path (I live a little way upriver) which is an easy way into town for me. Those routes on the link are a great way to get me out of my comfort zone, and I've just invested in a GPS unit to encourage me to go a bit further.

Darren Gregory

Rides a Pinnacle Arkose 3 and a Trek Emonda SL6
Thank you everyone!

Darren, that's the website of dreams, I had no idea it existed, thank you!!

Thanks for the info on that, lazybloke, I'll have a look! The Sportive looks ace, do they let trundlers in?! Rush hour is a bit gnarly eh, I've been looking at the tow path (I live a little way upriver) which is an easy way into town for me. Those routes on the link are a great way to get me out of my comfort zone, and I've just invested in a GPS unit to encourage me to go a bit further.

Toe path is used a fair bit by walkers, runners and cyclists. I've walked and run it from the centre of town up to the Roe Barge PH near Woking Road, I've always found it to be clear and relativley dry. Can be windy in places so need to be mindfull of others but a good route into the town centre.

Top Bottom