Hello - From Sunny Sandwich!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AngieR

Regular
Hi All

So pleased to have found this forum!

Rediscovered my love of cycling after nearly 30 years!! Currently riding a Dawes Discovery Trail and loving it! Been cycling now most days for the last month, only managing 10 miles per outing/ride at the moment, lol! BUT noticing the strength improving in my legs - made a breakthrough yesterday and cycled a lot of my journey on the top cog (front) and using gears 3,4 and 5!! :-)

So happy to be riding again!!!

Last edited:

Shaun

Founder
Welcome to the forum ... have a good look around and make yourself comfortable. Tea and biscuits are served in the Cafe and there's plenty of cycling stuff to get your teeth into. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Ganymede

Veteran
Great that you're enjoying your bike. At least there's a bit of flat land up your way to practise on! I'm similar - took up cycling again aged 49 and a 10-mile trip is very comfortable for me now, in spite of a few low-Wealden hills!

OP
OP
AngieR

AngieR

Regular
Thanks all of you for making me feel welcome! Ganymede, I moved here to Sandwich a year ago and have to say I love it here! I lived in Goudhurst before here and quite hilly round there :-)

OP
OP
AngieR

AngieR

Regular
Hi Hill Wimp! I love to cycle from Sandwich to Deal via that windy road past the golf courses - I love the view from Sandown Castle! I then ride back to Sandwich Bay from there along that gravelly stoney track - stunning! I am aiming to do the annual Tour de Sandwich next year - 50k to start with though :-) - wow, your holiday weeks riding sound great! certainly has been great weather for it!

Bryony

Veteran
Hello and :welcome: from up the road in Ramsgate! I'm off the bike at the mo due to back and neck injuries from a car accident but once I'm back on the bike if you want a cycling buddy just give me a shout! I love sandwich I ride there often.

There is also a lovely bunch of ladies called Herne Bay Ladies Cycling Club that often meet at the Guildhall in sandwich for a ride. They are very welcoming to new members and put on rides for people of all abilities.

OP
OP
AngieR

AngieR

Regular
Hi Bryony - wow! Sorry to hear that and hope you are well on the road to recovery! Would love a cycling buddy! Lived in Sandwich a year now and really love the life in our part of the world. I work in Ramsgate - London Array near the Port of Ramsgate. We should definitely meet up sometime. I will look up the Herne Bay Ladies Cycling Club for sure, thanks for that info :smile:

Bryony

Veteran
Hi Bryony - wow! Sorry to hear that and hope you are well on the road to recovery! Would love a cycling buddy! Lived in Sandwich a year now and really love the life in our part of the world. I work in Ramsgate - London Array near the Port of Ramsgate. We should definitely meet up sometime. I will look up the Herne Bay Ladies Cycling Club for sure, thanks for that info :smile:
Yep I know London Array I live about 5 mins from there!

Yes I am recovering and really itching to get back on the bike but I know that getting on it will still be pretty uncomfortable but hopefully in a couple of weeks I can attempt a ride!

I can't recommend the ladies enough when I went out on my taster ride with them they were great, I can struggle with my fitness sometimes as I have a heart prob, but they were really encouraging and helped me up the hills! There is another lady there with a heart prob and she took the time to meet up with me for a little ride and a cake stop and we had a chat about our medical problems!

I will let you know when I'm back on the bike and then we can arrange a meet up at some point! ^_^

http://hernebayladiescyclingclub.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Here's the link to their website :smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom