Hello from Oregon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OregonJim

Hi all, new member here from Oregon. My wife and I have a couple of recumbent tadpole trikes. Due to the difficulty/hassle of transporting them, they have mainly been used as indoor trainers. We have recently picked up a couple of hybrid DF bikes, and are now looking for a pair of folders to keep in the car at all times so we can ride whenever the mood/scenery strikes us. We live at the top of a very steep hill with nearly a 30% grade, so riding "out the door" is not an option. However, there are plenty of riding spots nearby ("nearby" being relative - we're out in the sticks). The last time I rode seriously was in high school, when the Peugeot U08 was in vogue. That ought to give you an idea of our ages.

Slick

Guru
Age is just a number Jim, got to keep those wheels turning. :thumbsup:

:welcome:

Gwylan

Veteran
Oregon looks fun.
Population density approx 40 per square mile. Kent, my home base, 1100 per square mile.
Must encourage one to go abroad prepared. You might wait a while for someone to pass by.

Welcome to this haven of encouragement, wisdom and support

ExBrit

Über Member
Hi Jim, Terry from California here. There's some very lovely riding up there, I've ridden down the coast a few times and like Oregon a lot. I, too, live at the top of a 6000' hill so riding out the door is fine, but riding back - not so much. Welcome to the forum.

Top Bottom