Hello from newbie, David.T

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

David.T

I´ve recently returned to cycling - aged 75 ! - after a long lay-off, and, somehow, the hills seem far steeper than they used to be when I was a keen and regular cyclist, up until my 60s. However, my trusty old Mercian bike is still serving me well.

I´ve recently become greatly enamoured by pre-Raleigh Carlton bikes, and am looking for some help and advice on how to go about refurbishing a couple of old frames I´ve bought on ebay.

Looking forward to chatting with others who share the same interests and - hopefully - gaining knowledge about these lovely old bikes.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hi. Can't help with the bike im afraid, but someone will be along who can help you, but hello and welcome from powys.

Ern1e

Über Member
Hi @David.T and may i say a very warm welcome back to the saddle after a mere 15 year rest lol.I amsorry but I don't know much on the Carlton bikes but some one will come along soon who will.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Welcome to CC David!
I don't know much about vintage bikes either, but lots on here are in the know and willing to help.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome: I'm also a big Carlton fan having owned a 68 clubman since I "inherited" my cousins bike in 75 and also a Worksop built Raleigh from 83 (one of the last) with a 531c frameset but my rebuilds tend to use more modern parts and not period correct items although 5 of mine do have Brooks saddles on.

Dark46

Veteran
Hi and welcome to the forum

Top Bottom