Hello from London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PoisonIvy

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a few weeks now and it's about time I registered and joined in.

I'm a female US expat (20 years in London), born in the 70s and pretty much still stuck there! At least in my musical and fashion tastes, that is.

I've been commuting by bike in London for a while but recently added a road bike to my collection and have been doing longer distances, mostly spurred on by the fact that I signed up for a 3 day London-Paris charity ride in September without fully considering the implications of what I'd just done. Haha.

I've been lurking here as a result and absorbing a lot of great advice...and seeing some improvements as a result! The past few Saturdays I've managed to get in a 60 mile ride at a time of day when I'd normally be found sitting in bed with a coffee and watching Saturday Kitchen.

Anyway, that's enough for now. Looking forward to chatting and making sure this cycling bug sticks beyond that Paris ride (all indicators are pointing to yes, given the level of obsession I'm operating at).

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

Firestorm

Veteran
Fair c
good call, but shes a US expat so im guessing she was still in the US when she was in her teens - hence Poison :tongue:

My deduction at least.
Fair call, I was surprised that someone else was thinking musical references at the same time as I was.
At least no one has mentioned batman yet.....

OP
OP
PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy

good call, but shes a US expat so im guessing she was still in the US when she was in her teens - hence Poison :tongue:

My deduction at least.

It's a logical assumption - I would have been in junior high then (sixth form?). Definitely of the age where I was hearing "You're not leaving the house like that! Go wash that gunk off your face!" etc.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Welcome to the forum. Plenty of advice here. There is no such thing as a silly question, you may get some some silly answers though. Drop into the cafe for some informal chat and nonsense.

Top Bottom