Hello from Litherland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

filsgreen

Good morning all. I've been lurking for a while, gleaning all the advice and thought it was time to jump in and say hi. I'm dropping my hours from April to a measly fifteen, so I'll have plenty of ride time.

I had a pedelec for about two years and found I couldn't get excited about riding it and didn't know why. Anyway, my mate had bought a boardman hybrid; I had a go on it and it became obvious why I didn't like the pedelec, it was too heavy and cumbersome. Plus, when I wanted to go for a ride it was a faff to get the battery on; I may as well have had a moped. So I sold it at great loss and bought a Cube, what difference.

Just to be able to jump on it and get going within a few seconds seems to give me freedom. I've got to admit, pedelecs have their place, but they weren't for me. My goal this summer is to be able to ride to Southport and back.

I'm not out to break records, just to enjoy the ride and increase my fitness. Losing weight wouldn't be a bad thing either. Thanks to all the members who have provided the inspiration and advice, which has empowered me to believe in myself and get out there.

Phil

DaveGM

Welcome

Amazing, we have exactly the same goal for this summer except in my case in the reverse direction starting in Southport.

I started last September and current average rides are 15 miles-not much but gradually increasing.

PM me if you want a ride out any time.

Top Bottom