Hello from John looking for a decent budget folder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JDG

Hi

I'm John at the moment in Birmingham but moving to London to start a new job and need a folding bike as my accommodation has nowhere to store a conventional model.

I'm hoping to get a decent one maybe a Brompton through Cylce to work scheme once started work but looking for a budget model to get me started, maybe a Viking Safari or similar if I can find one, Actually someone has advertised one of these on here which promted me to take an interest.

Looking forward to tips on cycling in London and gearing up and maybe even the rides.

All the best

john

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello John and welcome from another John. When are you moving to the smoke? It's not true that they call London cyclist organ donors! Keep your wits about you and cycle defensively. Have a look on here for a folder or try the evil bay or Preloved.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Hi John, there's a sub-forum all about folders. I've a Brompton & love it so I won't be advising you to get a cheap one :smile:

What sort of distance will you be riding? Are you planning to take it on public transport?

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
Welcome! I picked up a Mezzo D9 from Winstanley's back in March - they still had the 2011 models and were selling them for £499. Couldn't pass it up at that price. Looks like they're now selling the 2014 models for £699. They seem to go about £250-£300 on ebay.

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
I've got a Dahon mu-uno which is a simple single speed with coaster rear brake, conventional front brake. I chose this as I liked the idea of no cables/gears to tangle or bend when its folded however, the coaster brake is cr*p (now disconnected ) and the bike weighs a ton so unless your on nice flat commutes, I would go for something like a Brompton. Anyhow, welcome to the forum.

Top Bottom