Hello from fylde coast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iggibizzle

Hi. I'm nick, 34, from the fylde coast area. Not new to cycling (cycling pretty regularly since I was a kid, but on mountain bikes). And not new to fitness (gym, football, the odd 10k or half marathon!) But decided I was sick of commuting in the car on the hopeless road network in the area, and decided to buy a road bike. £100 bid later I ended up with a barely used viking xxr sprint road bike in neon green. I thought it might be terrible but pleasantly surprised. Didn't wanna spend more incase I didn't like it. 10 days of riding later (250km or so), I'm hooked. So will ride this until it implodes, then upgrade to something higher up the ladder. Although it shows no sign of . Love the thing!

Nick

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

Ern1e

Über Member
Hi and welcome @iggibizzle it must be around 30 + years since I last rode a bicyle around the Blackpool/Lytham area, it used to be quite good roads and little traffic then (except when the illuminations where on) Used to stay at an aunties over the weekend who lived in Lytham and I must admit I would like to do it again.

OP
OP
iggibizzle

iggibizzle

The main roads are a disaster round blackpool. Falling apart. Jammed up with traffic. Not so bad elsewhere. I rarely go as far as lytham as I'm up the north end of fylde. I commute from north of cleveleys to near the airport so luckily I can use the new promenade :smile: Terrible for cars. Great for bikes.

Ern1e

Über Member
The main roads are a disaster round blackpool. Falling apart. Jammed up with traffic. Not so bad elsewhere. I rarely go as far as lytham as I'm up the north end of fylde. I commute from north of cleveleys to near the airport so luckily I can use the new promenade :smile: Terrible for cars. Great for bikes.
I would think that the local roads being a "disaster" will ring true for most of us in Lancashire and maybe the rest of the country ! also I did not realise you where that far up never got to Clevelys ! Why for the life in me I can not remember but it was declared off limits to us as kids by the auntie lol.

David Higson

My wife and I have ridden from Fleetwood to Lytham and back without touching the "normal" road apart from the bit from the dunes at St Annes to Fairhaven Lake
I'd agree that the part in front of the tower is pretty bad for both motorists (due to the weird new road section) and cyclists (thousands of milling pedestrians) but its a lovely ride nonetheless.

OP
OP
iggibizzle

iggibizzle

Thanks everyone. Still thrashing the viking. Don't even think about driving now. Bike the automatic choice. Strava leaderboards climbed daily :laugh:

Top Bottom