Hello from Dorset!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrvandango

Regular
Just thought I'd say hi.. I've been lurking for advice and tips for a few days now, and I'm loving the site!

Basically I'm just getting back into cycling after 15 years out of the saddle (it's much harder than it was in my mid 20's), and I'm riding 12 miles a day on a commute. I started off on a hybrid, but after two weeks on that I've just got hold of an old Raleigh racing frame that I'm fettling a little..

I'm struggling a little with sore heavy quads, but that's more down to the ride I'm doing I think. It's basically a climb to the top of a decent hill and then down the other side then repeat on the way home. I've limited myself to no more than 3 or 4 days a week at the moment, but looking to up it to a full week when I can get to Thursday without my legs hating me.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi @mrvandango and :welcome:.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome:

OP
OP
mrvandango

mrvandango

Regular
Thanks guys.. I'm living in Poundbury at the moment, and ride to Icen Farm just off the Jurassic Roundabout. I'm working out ways to make the ride longer when I feel less heavy legged after getting home. I don't really fancy going through Portesham and over Hardy's as I imagine it would be more than a touch hair raising!

It's already on an 8 speed cassette and it's got a set of Mavic wheels. The rear mech needs to be changed as it's a little out of shape and it is most certainly looking/sounding tired, but I'm really pleased with it so far. I did have to fit an 11-30 cassette, as the 11-23 it had was killing me!

Whereabouts in Dorchester and Weymouth are you 152l2 and 50000tears?

50000tears

Thanks guys.. I'm living in Poundbury at the moment, and ride to Icen Farm just off the Jurassic Roundabout. I'm working out ways to make the ride longer when I feel less heavy legged after getting home. I don't really fancy going through Portesham and over Hardy's as I imagine it would be more than a touch hair raising!

It's already on an 8 speed cassette and it's got a set of Mavic wheels. The rear mech needs to be changed as it's a little out of shape and it is most certainly looking/sounding tired, but I'm really pleased with it so far. I did have to fit an 11-30 cassette, as the 11-23 it had was killing me!

Whereabouts in Dorchester and Weymouth are you 152l2 and 50000tears?

Just off Lanehouse Rocks Road. A lot of my riding is around the Dorchester area, or through it at least!

OP
OP
mrvandango

mrvandango

Regular
Just off Lanehouse Rocks Road. A lot of my riding is around the Dorchester area, or through it at least!

Ah I know lanehouse rocks road, I used to work out of lynch lane a few years ago. Lots of nice roads around and through dorchester. It's a very scenic place, but can get a touch blowy!

Top Bottom