Hello from County Durham!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi everyone,
I got back on the bike about 3 years ago now at the age of 47 after a break (which I now regret) of about 25 years! I took part in my very first group ride just yesterday at the Durham Big Ride and I absolutely loved it. I was riding in aid of Douglas Macmillan and in memory of my late sister Lorraine.
I must admit that although I train regularly I was a little worried about one climb in particular but to my amazement I flew up up it and was astonished to find myself passing lads half my age! Now I'm really inspired to keep cycling and plan to go on training throughout the Autumn and Winter as I did last year... It makes a real difference to keep the legs and pedals turning.
I would love to form a small club in my local area for short evening rides after work so any advice or any fellow riders in my area please get in touch!

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
Welcome from closer to the Tyne :thumbsup:

Hop3y

Padiham Commuter
Welcome :bicycle:

skinnydog1973

Hi Steve im from consett. if im out and about and you fancy a spin give me a shout, i sometimes come down through stanley ,ive asked to follow you on strava, cheers Paul

Top Bottom