Hello From Burnley

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi guys and girls, 40yo Chappy here from Burnley Lancashire, 6 month deep into this amazing hobby and totally addicted.
looking forward to using this wealth of knowledge as i get stronger on the bike.
I ride outside and Zwift, i prefer outside, but British weather being what it is i prob use Zwift more lol (Thomas Nutter) if anyone wants to add me.

Cannondale CAAD X.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi there, @Nutter241.

I am down the A646 in Todmorden and also own a CAADX, among other bikes.

In case you didn't know, Cannondale issued a safety recall of specific older (2013-2016) CAADX models. Those particular ones had some catastrophic fork failures. Take a look at this notice to see if yours might be one of them...

1000000962.png

Hi there @ColinJ , great riding round your area, i was over there the other week "attempting" doghouse lane lol.
and thank you for the heads up, i will check the bike out in the morning but im pretty sure mine is a 2017 model, although i could be mistaken. i wonder if they'll still honour the recall if its an effected model?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi there @ColinJ , great riding round your area, i was over there the other week "attempting" doghouse lane
Yes, Doghouse Lane is a bit tough! :laugh:

1721431864975.png

i wonder if they'll still honour the recall if its an effected model?
I hope so because mine still needs doing! I discovered about the recall at around the start of the pandemic so nothing got done at that time.

I have tried a few local-ish bike shops since then but it turned out that they are no longer Cannondale dealers. I must have another try. The CAADX is my winter/foul weather bike because it is the only one with mudguards.

1721432258058.png

Top Bottom