Hello from Abuja, Nigeria

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

semakof

Hello friends,

I have been riding since I was young. Just normal local bicycles. Didn't know about road bike until few months back.

Purpose of riding is to keep fit as it is the only sport I know how to do. Covers at least 7km every weekend. The farthest I have ridden was a 15km distance.

I enjoyed riding my bicycle so much as I feel happy doing it.

Good to be here.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello and welcome:welcome: from next country but one.
Where did you get your bike? The home used market I guess. Same here but there are two Decathlon shops in Accra but a different price point. Useful for all those useful cycling bits though from spares to clothing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

semakof

Hello and welcome:welcome: from next country but one.
Where did you get your bike? The home used market I guess. Same here but there are two Decathlon shops in Accra but a different price point. Useful for all those useful cycling bits though from sores to clothing.

Thanks for the welcome message.

A friend introduced me to a Cycling community member who repairs bicycle. I told him I needed one after few days, he called and showed me one, light aluminium. Didn't know road bikes could be that pricey. My friend uses a carbon bicycle. I asked the guy the price and I changed my mind immediately ^_^. it was more expensive. Had to make do with my light aluminium and its been a wonderful experience. If its in Ghana, you could get at Game shop. They sell bicycle.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Welcome friend, it's good to have you here! Enjoy the content. 😊

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If its in Ghana, you could get at Game shop. They sell bicycle.
I guess you have Game there too. Unfortunately they mostly sell poor quality bikes, all mountain bikes. What we call on here a BSO (Bicycle shaped object), not real ones ^_^.
Decathlon is a proper bike shop (among other sports) selling quality road and mountain bikes.
https://www.decathlon.com.gh/
I'm sure they'll soon be in Nigeria.
When you've put up a few more posts maybe you can show us a pic of your bike.

OP
OP
S

semakof

I guess you have Game there too. Unfortunately they mostly sell poor quality bikes, all mountain bikes. What we call on here a BSO (Bicycle shaped object), not real ones ^_^.
Decathlon is a proper bike shop (among other sports) selling quality road and mountain bikes.
https://www.decathlon.com.gh/
I'm sure they'll soon be in Nigeria.
When you've put up a few more posts maybe you can show us a pic of your bike.

Yes, they sell mountain bikes and some fake road bikes. hmm BSO^_^^_^^_^^_^ that's a new one for me. Am learning already.

So decathlon is not yet in Nigeria. Will be glad they are here too.

ok.

OP
OP
S

semakof

dont get hung up on carbon , a good aluminium bike can be as good if not better at the lower end of carbon price point as its liable to have better components
welcome to CC :smile:

I quite agree with you. A good Aluminium bike is great as compared to the high price of the carbon bike. My fear is that I have seen several Carbon bikes break into two after a fall and can't imagine anyone having that experience. If it breaks, then you buy a new one and those bikes are pricey. Am just an enthusiast anyway. ^_^^_^

Top Bottom