Hello folks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kgt

Ive been scouring the forums for facts, opinions, reviews etc for a while now and thought I ought to drop in somewhere and say hi. I used to do a canny bit of mountain biking, XC and downhill (lite wussy version), but took almost a 10 yr break from the bike before getting back in the saddle last year and started commuting a few days a week. I borrowed a "racer" from a mate of mine around that time and was almost immediately converted. Went out and bought a nice carbon Cube last October......rode it twice and hung it on the wall for best part of 6 months, while I slogged around on my trusty Zaskar in the crappy weather. But I'd been bitten by the skinny tyre bug so I went out and sourced an almost brand new Scott Speedster for a few hundred quid and rode that until very recently. Unfortunately a "professional transport company" dropped it off the back of their trailer a few miles before the start of a charity ride and destroyed the frame, so Ive just acquired a Dolan frameset and I'm donoring the gear across. Its my first ever bike build and its been rather interesting. I believe I have sworn on two or three occassions over the last few weeks and now I'm almost there Ive got a few questions, hence my getting my backside in gear to get on here. Look forward to learning, laughing and soaking up the banter. cheers, keith

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Welcome to CycleChat :hello:

Top Bottom