Hello cycle friends

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RowZ

Still at large
Now then, I've been very rude by posting my first thread without saying hello first, but I only joined on Saturday (9th Aug) and had to get my football score predictions up on the forum before kick off.

So hello. I cycle around Bristol, mainly – officially the UK's first Cycling City (thanks Sustrans) which is a bit ironic considering it has some of the largest hills I've ever struggled up. But it does mean we got some money for more cycle lanes, cycle paths, cycling awareness, etc which is great. I ride a Cannondale SL2 mountain bike which is great for hurtling downhill through the woods (which I am really too old to do...) but a bit sluggish for the road commute, due to big fat tyres. Still, I can pretend I'm getting some daily exercise on it. I had a great Marin Bolinas Ridge (hybrid) for several years which I recently sold to a friend to make him start cycling again. He loves it. I miss it.

For those of you predicting the football scores, I can only apologise for my total beginner's luck in getting a few points in my first week. They will probably be the last points I do get. I support Ipswich Town (I'm from that part of the world) and follow Livingston in the Scottish League, who rarely win applause, let alone a game.

I'm really pleased to be part of the forum and look forward to reading your posts in the future. Cheers all.

Last edited:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome: to CC from Scotland!

OP
OP
RowZ

RowZ

Still at large
:welcome: from me in central Scotland

I ride a Specialized 29 er MTB and a Dawes hybrid - I'm at my happiest in woods on or trails :bicycle:
Yes – forgot to say my Cannondale is a 29er too – very comfortable taking on the trails, not so nippy in traffic!

OP
OP
RowZ

RowZ

Still at large
Hi. Welcome to the forum from powys:welcome:
That's a lovely part of the world - lived in Aberystwyth for a few years so I'm 'adopted Welsh' !

OP
OP
RowZ

RowZ

Still at large
:welcome: to the forum from sunny S. Norfolk.
I've cycled in your neck of the woods, just the once and that was quite enough for a Norfolk girl!
Ha! I'm not surprised - Norfolk is perfect cycling country, whereas I live next to a 1 in 4 hill!

Top Bottom