hello back after 30 year break!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

damj

Back riding after 30 years!! - last owned bmx Raleigh tuff 2 - had a couple of really terrible bikes since but nothing serious. bought through cycle to work scheme 18 months ago - last payment next month(yes!!) Thought id start with a hybrid - I had to pack in running about 20 months ago due to hip and Achilles problems. I got the running bug from London 2012,so far so good no injuries which is brilliant. Never thought I'd enjoy something so much I'm totally hooked. I've got a 36 (round trip) mile commute, have done this a few times. But mainly part cycle and train but sadly have to use my car most other days. Recently started increased mileage on Sunday mornings solo riding around county Durham teesdale and weardale. This is great site learned loads following discovery two days ago cheers dj

Back riding after 30 years!! - last owned bmx Raleigh tuff 2 - had a couple of really terrible bikes since but nothing serious. bought through cycle to work scheme 18 months ago - last payment next month(yes!!) Thought id start with a hybrid - I had to pack in running about 20 months ago due to hip and Achilles problems. I got the running bug from London 2012,so far so good no injuries which is brilliant. Never thought I'd enjoy something so much I'm totally hooked. I've got a 36 (round trip) mile commute, have done this a few times. But mainly part cycle and train but sadly have to use my car most other days. Recently started increased mileage on Sunday mornings solo riding around county Durham teesdale and weardale. This is great site learned loads following discovery two days ago cheers dj
:welcome: It's good to see another convert joining the fray.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Hi and welcome, good to have you back! 36 miles is a cracking commute, if you can manage to up that to two or even three times a week, you will find it a great replacement exercise for running ...plus, it's great fun.

The down side with riding vs running is that , with riding, you travel further and take longer, whereas the upside is that, with riding, you travel further and take longer.

OP
OP
damj

damj

Hi and welcome, good to have you back! 36 miles is a cracking commute, if you can manage to up that to two or even three times a week, you will find it a great replacement exercise for running ...plus, it's great fun.

The down side with riding vs running is that , with riding, you travel further and take longer, whereas the upside is that, with riding, you travel further and take longer.
Thanks for so many replies - got caught out a few times with my running regime where I didn't eat or take on much fluids unless I was going a bit further. looking forward to ride tomorrow morning before the family get up feel energised for the rest of the day

Boon 51

Veteran
Hi from me too.. :smile:

Top Bottom