Hanze 6-9-6 1200km or 2100km

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
@matticus has made it to 415km thus far.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Needs must

IMG_0929.jpeg

This Dutch event kicks off on Saturday. A few audax Uk members taking part.

Tracking https://hanze-696-2100.legendstracking.com/

Thanks for the mention Ming!

Another low-key event, but a really interesting one. It seems the 1200 option was a doozy, getting the worst of the two storms that blew thru and almost half DNFed!
The 2100 had the relaxed 10kph minimum, but with the awful weather early on - and a load of time lost crossing cities like Hanover- it was harder than expected 🫣

Some lovely historic towns/monuments, riverside paths, and a great variety of terrain/food/roads/paths. Needs careful planning if you're not fast (unless you have an unlimited hotel budget :laugh:)

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner

Lots of photos of interesting architecture in towns and cities. Were there lots to cross or just made for more interesting shots than the countryside? Be interested to see your write up / impressions of it in the next edition of Arrivee if you are so inclined.

Also worried you were reduced to drinking your own urine to survive 😳

0_qaGH7Nm6JZ5-puc7yKZaeXJHSBTGWVTH34553KrVOA=w2400.jpg

No, I don't carry my urine in a Sunflower oil bottle :P
(I stayed in an AirBnb a squeaky day after the longer spell of Biblical Rain. Couldn't resist liberating some german supplies from mein host. Did the trick! ... For about 20h until Biblical Rain Part II 🤦‍♂️ )

The album is town-centre-building heavy because we were taking selfies for brevidence. They were generally very nice buildings, fortunately! I promise to try to write this one up, as it really was a bit out of the ordinary. [Tales of bedbugs, bivvys and Bakerei ... ]

Top Bottom