Handbuilt 50mm Carbon Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rouge79

I've a pair of Gigantex 50mm Clinchers with Sapim CX Ray SILVER spoke and Novatec BLACK Superlite Hubs.

Radial 20 Front and 24 2 x both on the rear with Sapim Polyax alloy 14mm Red Nipples.

Built by Derek at Wheelsmith in 2011 but have done less then 1000km and thats an generous overestimate

I paid £670

Open to sensible offers

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I have been looking into wheels myself.

I was lucky earlier in the year to bag a set of Easton EC70 SL carbon clinchers for £542 in CRC's sale but also unlucky not to get them for approx £496 two weeks later when discounted again.

Anyway, I have two or three in mind, Saturae C50 are £800 RRP or £719 from wiggle, 50mm full carbon clinchers, 1640g approx.

Cero (Cycle Division) have a 45mm carbon clincher model approx 1530g, not very expensive.

Ritchey WCS Apex 2's are good, if you can find a deal, as are Fast Forward 2015 F4R FCC (Full Carbon Clincher) & F6R FCC, again, you would need to find a good deal as they are a bit costly.

Superstar Components also have some very good value wheelsets at attractive prices with great warranties.

Sorry.

@Moderators could you please move this post to wheels @swiftylee post in bikes, kit etc. Cheers.

I'm sorry but what was the point of your post? :smile:

Top Bottom