Greetings from Croydon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RCITGuy

Howdy bikers..

Greetings from Croydon...

Newbie here and have been riding again since Jan 2014 after giving up 20yrs of smoking...

Couldn't see how or why anybody would own more than 1 bike, and now just bought bike #4! Damn it lol

Mostly ride on the road, South Croydon / Biggin Hill area and when I can find a mate to ride with, I go MTB too..

Started out with a Cannondale CAAD10 first, then got a heavy ass Rush2 and recently a second hand Bad Boy 2 to knock about on, trips to the swimming pool or grocery trips and now managed to get a massive bargain from Evans on a Synapse Ultegra 2015, so the CAAD10 will need a new home now :-)

Anywhoo, always up for a ride during the day, I work from home, so time is flexible, hope to find some buds to ride with.

Thanks for havin me :-)
Rich

xxDarkRiderxx

Veteran
:welcome: Would love to meet for a ride if possible ... but in north London

Tin Pot

Guru
Welcome, plenty of nice rides around Biggin Hill, most of my rides are around there - try going down into Westerham and over Ide Hill if you havent already.

I think Big Foot CC do MTB rides near Biggin Hill too.

OP
OP
RCITGuy

RCITGuy

lol, I got booted out of Bigfoot, as comittee don't like folk who are keen and organise their own mid-week rides, seems I rocked a few boats higher up the chain just for wanting to find others to ride with mid-week. Shame too, I really enjoyed their Thursday night MTB rides.

I was accepted on the understanding that I work late nights, so wouldn't ever make a Sat morning ride, and got booted for not making a Sat morning ride to "experience a big group ride" when all I was doing was posting on their forum mid-week, see if anybody wanted to join me for a spin..

They put a stop to that real quick.

I don't care for the 2 faced behavior from self righteous committee members who treat everybody as inferior to them.
Bigfoot inserted into BigMouth sadly.. Not 1 person I showed their emails to could make any sense of what and why they said the things they did..

"We are not a cycling club, we are just a group of friends out for a bike ride" was repeated to us at the induction over and over again :-)

Soz for the ramble, still cheese's me off that 3 people do a 180 to save face and I'm the one who has to lose out after spending a fortune on MTB kit to ride with them.

Tin Pot

Guru
lol, I got booted out of Bigfoot, as comittee don't like folk who are keen and organise their own mid-week rides, seems I rocked a few boats higher up the chain just for wanting to find others to ride with mid-week. Shame too, I really enjoyed their Thursday night MTB rides.

I was accepted on the understanding that I work late nights, so wouldn't ever make a Sat morning ride, and got booted for not making a Sat morning ride to "experience a big group ride" when all I was doing was posting on their forum mid-week, see if anybody wanted to join me for a spin..

They put a stop to that real quick.

I don't care for the 2 faced behavior from self righteous committee members who treat everybody as inferior to them.
Bigfoot inserted into BigMouth sadly.. Not 1 person I showed their emails to could make any sense of what and why they said the things they did..

"We are not a cycling club, we are just a group of friends out for a bike ride" was repeated to us at the induction over and over again :-)

Soz for the ramble, still cheese's me off that 3 people do a 180 to save face and I'm the one who has to lose out after spending a fortune on MTB kit to ride with them.

No problem. With that kind of chip on your shoulder you'll do well here at Cyclechat - pop into the Society, Culture & Politics forum for some fun. ;)

OP
OP
RCITGuy

RCITGuy

Huh? Chip on my shoulder? I'm missing a joke right? Unless it really is me doing something horribly wrong without realising....?

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Howdy bikers..

Greetings from Croydon...

Newbie here and have been riding again since Jan 2014 after giving up 20yrs of smoking...

Couldn't see how or why anybody would own more than 1 bike, and now just bought bike #4! Damn it lol

Mostly ride on the road, South Croydon / Biggin Hill area and when I can find a mate to ride with, I go MTB too..

Started out with a Cannondale CAAD10 first, then got a heavy ass Rush2 and recently a second hand Bad Boy 2 to knock about on, trips to the swimming pool or grocery trips and now managed to get a massive bargain from Evans on a Synapse Ultegra 2015, so the CAAD10 will need a new home now :-)

Anywhoo, always up for a ride during the day, I work from home, so time is flexible, hope to find some buds to ride with.

Thanks for havin me :-)
Rich
Welcome! May see you over the Downs.

Top Bottom