Good evening from a lovely South Yorkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tommyboy1289

Regular
Hello chaps, I joined up a few days ago and have been lurking in the shadows but decided now to start posting. Was always on my bike as a young reprobate but since then I've doubled in size and need to shed some weight, self-confidence issues and work commitments mean I can't/won't go to a gym so got myself a nice Carrera, I think it's a subway, not the best bike but ideal to start on until I can budget for something a bit better. Not a fan of road riding (I'm a hgv driver so I can see why from both points of view), but like country tracks/tow paths.

If anyone else is in the area and fancies a ride then we can sort something out, but I'm neither very fast or very fit so i might be slow going for some people haha.

Here's my bike;
image.jpeg

Hyslop

Veteran
Well,hello!:welcome:I spent 3 of the happiest years of my life in South Yorkshire,Sheffield to be exact,and should really have Made In Sheffield tattooed on my bum,but,as Id be sitting on it on the bike,it doesn't seem right somehow!Come and join us,your views as an HGV driver have got to be worth hearing.Enjoy the bike:okay:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Hello from North Yorkshire. The Carerra is perfect to get you started, don't push yourself too hard to start with as it will only put you off. Ride steady and enjoy, you'll soon loose the pounds and gain the fitness.

OP
OP
Tommyboy1289

Tommyboy1289

Regular
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Well,hello!:welcome:I spent 3 of the happiest years of my life in South Yorkshire,Sheffield to be exact,and should really have Made In Sheffield tattooed on my bum,but,as Id be sitting on it on the bike,it doesn't seem right somehow!Come and join us,your views as an HGV driver have got to be worth hearing.Enjoy the bike:okay:

I'm not sure on that I'm the biggest hypocrit going :laugh: one minute I'm cursing hgv drivers for being too close when passing, the next day I'm cursing the cyclist for being in my way

Welcome tommy...just get out and enjoy the ride..the upgrades come later.
What part of yorkshire are you

Doncaster (for my sins), suppose it could be worse ^_^

Jamieyorky

Veteran
Hello chaps, I joined up a few days ago and have been lurking in the shadows but decided now to start posting. Was always on my bike as a young reprobate but since then I've doubled in size and need to shed some weight, self-confidence issues and work commitments mean I can't/won't go to a gym so got myself a nice Carrera, I think it's a subway, not the best bike but ideal to start on until I can budget for something a bit better. Not a fan of road riding (I'm a hgv driver so I can see why from both points of view), but like country tracks/tow paths.

If anyone else is in the area and fancies a ride then we can sort something out, but I'm neither very fast or very fit so i might be slow going for some people haha.

Here's my bike;
View attachment 123617

Where abouts on Doncaster? I was brought up in Edlington.

sheffgirl

Welcome, I'm in Sheffield. There's some lovely cycle routes round here. Lots of hills too!
My easy going favourites are Derwent and the Trans Pennine trail, we regularly do Penistone to Dunford Bridge, and it's pretty flat.

Top Bottom