Gonna Sale My 2013 Cannondale Caad 8 105 56CM Matt Black....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swiftylee

thinkng of selling my caad 8 105 2013 model 56cm in very good condition..

what price do you think...

fossala

Guru
From quickly looking at ebay, they sell for around 650-700. Things do tend to sell on ebay for a little higher than the forums, but then you also have to fork out 14% in fees (10% paypal, 4% ebay) so you would only recieve aronud 550.

vickster

Legendary Member
From quickly looking at ebay, they sell for around 650-700. Things do tend to sell on ebay for a little higher than the forums, but then you also have to fork out 14% in fees (10% paypal, 4% ebay) so you would only recieve aronud 550.
Fees are the other way round

If you do sell on ebay and someone pays with PayPal but wants to arrange their own courier, say no.

Also, if they want to to collect it but pay with PayPal, say no.

These are both scams being used by nobbers to steal goods from people. They arrange their own courier/collect it in person, then open a claim with PP saying they've not received it.

You can't prove they've had it, PP side with the customer and give them their money back.

I'm not scare mongering, just telling you what I've known happen to a couple of people.

Good luck.

PS: cracking bike you're floggin' there matey, can't imagine why you'd be selling it myself TBH.

400bhp

Guru
If you do sell on ebay and someone pays with PayPal but wants to arrange their own courier, say no.

Also, if they want to to collect it but pay with PayPal, say no.

These are both scams being used by nobbers to steal goods from people. They arrange their own courier/collect it in person, then open a claim with PP saying they've not received it.

You can't prove they've had it, PP side with the customer and give them their money back.

I'm not scare mongering, just telling you what I've known happen to a couple of people.

Good luck.

PS: cracking bike you're floggin' there matey, can't imagine why you'd be selling it myself TBH.

Ask them to bring passport, then photocopy passport/take picture of them/passport etc etc.

Ask them to bring passport, then photocopy passport/take picture of them/passport etc etc.

You could, but it's an unnecessary faff and a half IMO, and I'm not sure it would help either. PayPal want proof of posting/courier or else they just stiff you!

IMO if someone wants to collect something then there is no reason they can't pay cash, nice and simple, everything is squeaky :thumbsup:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!

If I bought something from you off ebay and paid by Paypal then came round and picked it up I could then contact Paypal / Ebay and claim I had not received the item and unless you could provide the required signed POD from a courier / royal mail then I would get my money back.

400bhp

Guru
If I bought something from you off ebay and paid by Paypal then came round and picked it up I could then contact Paypal / Ebay and claim I had not received the item and unless you could provide the required signed POD from a courier / royal mail then I would get my money back.

Fine, I would then be straight round to the cop shop - easy fraud one for them.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Fine, I would then be straight round to the cop shop - easy fraud one for them.

Yes it might get resolved eventually but Paypal would freeze your account and hold onto your money for weeks and that is if the cops are even interested.

I used to be a power seller on ebay and the crap some people pull is simply unbelievable.

I have a customer who sells laminate flooring online and used to use paypal as the payment gateway, so a customer orders some flooring the gets the flooring then says he didn't receive it and gets his money back my customer got the police involved and have even seen the flooring fitted no one is interested.

400bhp

Guru
Yeah I understand, albeit it would have to be a fraudster with a lot of front to try it. Most would walk away and leave it for some other sap to pick up the pieces.

Actually, quite interesting that about your customer. Swap flooring for car and the police would be swarming all over it.

Top Bottom