Giant defy 1 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeB18

Bought in 2011 and only done 20 miles on it since. Selling because I just don't use it. It's in perfect condition apart from a slight scuff on the right brake lever due to not unclipping my foot in time :smile: everything on the bike is stock and comes with a cateye velo computer and Topeak bottle cage if wanted. Below is a link to the spec sheet

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/defy.1/7307/44047/

Collect only from Grays or Romford in Essex, will deliver if you are close to them areas for a short cost

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 43

vickster

Legendary Member
@MikeB18 You need to provide some indication of price :smile: and size :smile:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Is the link you provided definitely showing the UK 2011 spec?
I was thinking the same as I thought that the Defy 1 had Tiagras on in 2011. I had a 2001 Defy 2 (looked exactly the same) and it had Soras on it. Fabby bike though, much better than the 2013 or 2014 model in looks. Nicer welds too, the 2013 model welds, you could see from space.

Saluki

The pic actually looks like a UK defy 2

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/bikes/model/defy.2/7842/45447/

Can't see the rear mech though or shifters
The cables coming out from the shifters, on the OPs pictures, make it look like either Sora or Tiagra on there. 105s don't have the cables springing out, they are all tucked away along the bars, under the bar tape.

Just enlarged OP's pic and can see a '2' on the frame. Looks exactly like my old Defy 2 so will be Sora gears. Lovely nick though. I'd like to know the size and cost so I can let @StickBouncer know. His was nicked in Norfolk and I wonder if he would like another the same.

OP
OP
M

MikeB18

Sorry guys I shall remove this post and re do it tomorrow when I have more information, without the original paperwork it's so hard to get all the information right

Saluki

Sorry guys I shall remove this post and re do it tomorrow when I have more information, without the original paperwork it's so hard to get all the information right
No worries. Defo a Defy 2 though. Ditto a 2011 model (the best IMO). If you could just let us know the size and cost please, that would be brilliant. I can pass the details on to a mate of mine.

vickster

Legendary Member
The cables coming out from the shifters, on the OPs pictures, make it look like either Sora or Tiagra on there. 105s don't have the cables springing out, they are all tucked away along the bars, under the bar tape.

Just enlarged OP's pic and can see a '2' on the frame. Looks exactly like my old Defy 2 so will be Sora gears. Lovely nick though. I'd like to know the size and cost so I can let @StickBouncer know. His was nicked in Norfolk and I wonder if he would like another the same.
None of the 2011 models had 105, the 1 had tiagra according to giant UK

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/bikes/model/defy.1/7842/45446/#specifications

The 2012 defy 1 had 105

Top Bottom