Getting it right money wise.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wannabike61

I am looking for an electric folding bike. Brompton was my first choice but due to cost it would need to be 2nd hand. Then I read a post on here which I can't find now, mentioning buying a non electric and adding a motor. I need a folding bike because I will hopefully be storing it in work if I am allowed. I don't mind peddling but have a knee injury so will need assistance at times. Any advice will be really appreciated. Thank you in advance. 😊

vickster

Legendary Member
I am looking for an electric folding bike. Brompton was my first choice but due to cost it would need to be 2nd hand. Then I read a post on here which I can't find now, mentioning buying a non electric and adding a motor. I need a folding bike because I will hopefully be storing it in work if I am allowed. I don't mind peddling but have a knee injury so will need assistance at times. Any advice will be really appreciated. Thank you in advance. 😊

Have you checked the folding and/or electric bike sections of the forum? Good place to start given your specific needs. One thing, if adding an aftermarket electric battery, confirm with your work facilities management that you’re allowed to bring it in (given the clear fire risk posed by lithium batteries!!)

OP
OP
Wannabike61

Wannabike61

Have you checked the folding and/or electric bike sections of the forum? Good place to start given your specific needs. One thing, if adding an aftermarket electric battery, confirm with your work facilities management that you’re allowed to bring it in (given the clear fire risk posed by lithium batteries!!)

Thank you Vickster 😊 Yes I have been looking at the forum sections, and think I have seen most of the posts but to be honest it's all a bit mind boggling what with watching the selling sites and all. I really could do with some clarity so thought I would ask the question. I have seen non electric and that people have adapted them. But also that Brompton electric can be dud if they haven't been regularly ridden. I can't afford brand new unfortunately so an looking at options. It's a lot. 🤯

vickster

Legendary Member
Thank you Vickster 😊 Yes I have been looking at the forum sections, and think I have seen most of the posts but to be honest it's all a bit mind boggling what with watching the selling sites and all. I really could do with some clarity so thought I would ask the question. I have seen non electric and that people have adapted them. But also that Brompton electric can be dud if they haven't been regularly ridden. I can't afford brand new unfortunately so an looking at options. It's a lot. 🤯

Can you access cycle to work for at least some tax saving and salary sacrifice?

Top Bottom