Garmin Vista HCx and City Navigator Europe maps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
A thought occurs: someone on here might like to know this.
The 500 point limit for tracks on the Garmin Vista HCx has become a bit limiting for me so I'm selling it. I have moved to the Garmin 64 which has a much bigger memory of 10,000 points for tracks and this would have helped me on the 600 Brussels-Paris-Brussels where the organiser send a track with 9,500 points. As at that time I had only the Vista HCx this was a problem for me, which I overcame by latching on to a Belgian bloke who had a more capacious GPS unit with the track loaded to it.
However, this is an ideal unit for cycle touring as it has the City Navigator Europe maps on a micro SD card which I'm including. For audaxing I used to plan a "route" (rather than follow a "track") and only came unstuck when, as in the BPB event, the route went off-road and along a cyclepath by a canal for two hours.
The maps cost about £30 I think and I don't expect the thing to fetch more than £50 at the most, as Garmin don't make it any more. I bought the whole thing several years ago. The handlebar clip thing is included.
Here's the link: http://ebay.eu/1QOdviH
I know this counts as an "eBay link" so the mods might delete it or move it

Top Bottom