
They're a completely different beast!
But it's a 500 or 510 you're after![]()

One is an app on a phone the other is a purpose built unit.
I think you should research what a garmin is capable of
I have researched it, I actually ordered the tour version today, then cancelled it as I don't need a sat nav route finder. That's why I was specifying the model as I would prefer something that I could download my stats and track my progress.I own one so of course I think so. You don't appear to want to help yourself though and do some research.
If you can afford to do so then buy a Garmin.
Off the top of my head, a non exhaustive list of advantages of a Garmin over a phone are:
- battery life (12 odd hours out of my Garmin 705 in route mode)
- better GPS trails
- very very robust
- waterproof (to a point)
- link to (if applicable) HRM/cadence/power meter
- lots of data to access
I have researched it, I actually ordered the tour version today, then cancelled it as I don't need a sat nav route finder. That's why I was specifying the model as I would prefer something that I could download my stats and track my progress.
It's not a route finder, it's simply a slave to the route you decide to plot on a website and download to the device.
Don't discount this. Even if you think you know the roads where you live, chances are you won't. It's great for picking routes/roads you didn't know were there.
It's not a route finder, it's simply a slave to the route you decide to plot on a website and download to the device.
Don't discount this. Even if you think you know the roads where you live, chances are you won't. It's great for picking routes/roads you didn't know were there.
This.
I got the Garmin Touring and I love the random route feature. Basically you tell it how far you want to go and it gives you three options. I found a cycle path barely 300 yds from my front door that I didn't know about.