FS: Focus Cayo Ultimate - Totally unique 5.5kg bike!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gds58

Über Member
Here is the opportunity to own an absolutely outstanding and totally unique piece of cycle engineering mastery. This is a one off bike built as a lightweight exercise by Focus Bikes for display at the Eurobike International bike show. Built around the very successful Focus Cayo Evo frameset this bike has the ultimate shopping list of high end ultra-lightweight components. The frame is not painted but is satin lacquered in order to save weight. The groupset is the renowned SRAM RED 22, the lightest groupset available. Wheels are courtesy of German manufacturer 'Lightweight' and are the Mielenstein model which have an RRP of £3300 alone! These are shod with Schwalbe Ultremo Tubulars which are as yet not stuck on. Handlebars, seatpost and saddle are Schmolke Carbon costing around £330 each. Cranks are the worlds lightest 'Tune' and the stem is from the same stable. Brakes are full carbon 'Fibula' units at around £600 a pair.

All-up weight of this amazing machine is a paltry 5.5kg (12lb 3oz), a massive 1.3kg below the current U.C.I. weight limit!!

The cumulative cost of putting this bike together with these amazing parts is in the region of £8,500. Size is Medium or 54cm, bar width 42cm and stem length 110mm. This is a genuine one off and you will not find another like it anywhere in the world and you can own this bike for £5,500 and fully insured carriage will be included if not collected in person, but I would urge anybody interested to view and collect personally from the Colchester area. If you are interested please PM me and I will provide contact details so that we can discuss properly.

Many thanks for looking, Graham

Attachments

• DSC_1814.JPG
    DSC_1814.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC_1795.JPG
    DSC_1795.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC_1793.JPG
    DSC_1793.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC_1803.JPG
    DSC_1803.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC_1796.JPG
    DSC_1796.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC_1810.JPG
    DSC_1810.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC_1808.JPG
    DSC_1808.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC_1804.JPG
    DSC_1804.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC_1815.JPG
    DSC_1815.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC_1806.JPG
    DSC_1806.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Just out of interest - I've not got that kid of loose change going spare - what's the max rated rider weight?

OP
OP
gds58

gds58

Über Member
Just out of interest - I've not got that kid of loose change going spare - what's the max rated rider weight?

There isn't a rider weight limit on this bike as a whole. This is a standard production frame (albeit unique paint finish) which does not have any weight restrictions or guidelines but the Mielenstein wheels have a recommended rider weight limit of 100kg or 15st 10lbs which for a rider on a 54cm frame would make him or her a pretty big chap/ess! A lot of pro riders use the Lightweight Mielenstein wheels due to their incredible stiffness and amazing road feel. Admittedly most of these guys are between 60 to 70kgs so no likely issues but they do put out a fair bit more power than most of us could ever dream of!
Graham

OP
OP
gds58

gds58

Über Member

Furnish my palm with five grand and you may drool in the privacy of your own home!! Seriously, I am open to (sensible) offers, so if you or anybody else are interested please contact me to discuss things further.
This bike has never seen tarmac and it deserves to be ridden or maybe even put in a posh display cabinet in someones house!!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Wow, yes, I hadn't really thought of it like that!! worth every penny though! and I'll include the air in the tyres absolutely free of charge.
If you could stretch it by 4 or 5 cms and lend me the £5,500 pounds interest free for 20 years, I'd gladly take it off your hands! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
gds58

gds58

Über Member
I realise that it is not really the right time of year but I would love to shift this bike before Christmas so all reasonable offers will definitely be given consideration. Furthermore, if you really want I can change the saddle to something a tiny bit heavier but will be a whole lot lighter on your backside! Tubs will also be stuck on if required.
Offer away!!

Graham

OP
OP
gds58

gds58

Über Member
That's a great bike and very light for a Propel. 'Aero' frame road bikes are never quite able to compete on weight with the true lightweight 'climbers' bikes. One of my other bikes is a Focus Izalco Max with carbon tub wheels and full Campag' Record groupset which tips the scales at 6.15kg but again it's not as aero as your Propel which is one of the fastest bikes around at the moment.

swiftylee

dont think i can shave any more off...

was looking at brake upgrades but limited.

the ksyrium elite sls are light...

got full carbon bars with integrated carbon stem

OP
OP
gds58

gds58

Über Member
dont think i can shave any more off...

was looking at brake upgrades but limited.

the ksyrium elite sls are light...

got full carbon bars with integrated carbon stem
You are slightly limited by the frame which is always going to be heavier than a non-aero frame by at least 200g. You could save 300 - 400g on the wheels if you went to carbon tub' wheels which (for good ones) will be around 1050g a pair. You could save a little here and there on components but at enormous expense for just a handful of grams. The simple answer is that if you are looking for an uber light bike then the Propel is not the one but it is still an awesome bike for going very fast!!

OP
OP
gds58

gds58

Über Member
Don't even bother looking for brake upgrades as the standard ones are not only very light but they are very powerful and efficient brakes (made by TRP) and it would be a total waste of money to try to 'upgrade' them.

Top Bottom