FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast Brighton 23rd November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thom

____
Last night there was rain from midnight onwards, both on XCWeather, and the MetOffice. Now it's reverted to being drier from midnight through to noon, thankfully.

Well, the met-office forecast for London still predicts regional rain from 3 am and the map to Brighton is showing "light rain" from 6 am, south of Gatwick...
Humidity over 90%, could get foggy in the dips and hollows.

Remembering the last Martletts ride that was particularly foggy south of Turners hill, I shall be paying particular attention to my lights and having back up.

thom

____
2166259 said:
Was that the one where the trees were dripping almost as though it were raining?
I think so - it didn't rain but when I went through with mr nuts and aralsopp, we couldn't see more than a couple of meters with my light. Being on full beam, that light ran out of juice and it became a little hairy. Tim O's subsequent observation was that lights low to the ground were most effective in showing the road surface.
If it will be like that in places, it's still a nice riding but with something of a sensation of riding through soup.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I'm going to risk the E of D by bringing lots of clobber. The memory of the cold and wet is still strong. I just found a Canadian nerd hat, although that might be going a bit far.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
2166294 said:
Perhaps a photo of the hat to help us help you to decide?

Eyebrow of disapproval versus End of days. Tricky choice

If it were down to aesthetics, the decision would make itself. It's a Canadian nerd hat, FFS.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
2166283 said:
I suspect that Purple Rain, with its dynamo lights, will be getting this gig. The titanium one still creaks with a complete change of crank-set, I need to swap wheels next.
Na. N+1 time.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
2166317 said:
I am too late here but all of them?
That would just be silly.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Thom and Adrian have a point. We might be in for a very misty night. 3mph wind, lots of wet air. That would rule out the Ardingly reservoir route, which would be a shame.

Having said that, Lonesome Lane in the mist is too gorgeous for words.

BalkanExpress

Legendary Member

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly

TimO

Guru
... Tim O's subsequent observation was that lights low to the ground were most effective in showing the road surface. ...

On that particular occasion, I was on the Kaffenback, and had a light fitting on the lower rack boss. On Red I don't have that option, so I'll just have to squint into the murk a lot. ^_^

Top Bottom