For Sale: Dawes Super Galaxy Touring bike, in Edinburgh only

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oren_Hershco

I'm planning to arrive to Scotland on June 8th, for a bicycle tour. At the end of the tour (on June 17th) I would like to sell my Dawes touring bicycle.
1_175105777.JPG
The bike is in mint condition: every part was upgraded or replaced if worn. It was repainted several years ago by a professional motorcycle paint shop.
The bike will be sold fully loaded, with fenders, frame-fit Zefal pump, front & rear racks and 4 panniers (two large rear and two small front)
The only option for picking up this bike is on June 17th (afternoon), at the end of my tour. Location: central Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.

Price: 400 pounds, but will consider other offers.

The bike is on Ebay as well. If you want to buy it, you'll have to commit to buy, by an initial payment thru Paypal. When the payment is transferred, I'll remove the Ebay ad.
(Ebay ad: http://www.ebay.com/itm/291155532781?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649)

Data:
Frame: Dawes-built Reynolds 531 touring, size ~57cm.
Fork: Mercian steel fork, braze-ons for low rider rack and fender.
Wheels: Shimano XTR 36h, Mavic rims, DT competition spokes (2-1.8-2mm), Continental Top Contact tyres
Gears: Shimano Deore rear der., LX front der,. Sora STI brake/shift lever (3x8)
Cassette: Shimano Deore XT 12-30 (not pictured)
Chain: Shimano IG-90 8-speed, NEW (not pictured)
Brakes: Shimano Deore LX cantilevers
Crank: FSA 22-32-42 (integral BB)
Seatpost: Ritchey 27.0mm
Seat: SDG Formula MTR, white (less than 1y old)
Stem: Thomson 1.1/8" threadless, for handlebars 31.8mm (modern sizes thanks to Cinelli special adapter)
Handlebar: Control Tech, 42cm
Front panniers: Kirtland. Plastic lever for safe fastening to the bike, outer mesh pocket.
Rear panniers: Overland Equipment (from Chico, CA, USA). Awesome panniers! Tough, large, and with unique fastening system which allows you to fix any broken part anywhere in the world.

More pics:

1_175105789.JPG
1_175105801.JPG
1_175105814.JPG
1_175105823.JPG
1_175105755.jpg

Oren

Last edited:

Kbrook

Guru
Have I got this right you want some money now for a bike that is not available until the 17th June. Between now and then lots of miles will be going on the bike. It would also appear that you are not from the uk, and you are a new member here. Good luck with that.

OP
OP
Oren_Hershco

Oren_Hershco

Thank you for your reply, Kbrook. I'm a skeptic person myself, and the facts are right: I'm not from the UK, and I'm new in cyclechat forums (look here:http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/recommendations-needed-for-1-week-scotland-tour.156811/)

Because of this inconvenience, I offer the bike for much less than a similar bike is priced. Please note the extremely low starting price in the Ebay bid - there is no demand for touring bikes where I live, so I have to compromise on the price.
If someone is interested, but would like to pay cash only - that's accepted. However, in such a case, the Ebay bid will not be removed untill the actuall sale.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
SOLD!!

....... Although not to me.

Top Bottom