Fit like?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Captainwull

Fit like?
Just joined up after seeing threads on here for disabled cyclists.
I was born with 2 severely deformed club feet, my mother was told it was unlikely I'd ever be able to walk. My grandfather got me into biking as a wee lad and eventually I was able to walk unaided. I led a fairly normal life until 2007 when I reached the age of 47. After an examination I was told I was looking at amputation of both lower legs. I sold my business and retired in preparation for this. Boredom got the better of me so I started biking again. The circulation improved and 9 years later I've still got my own legs.
I can't walk unaided anymore but I can bike reasonably well but hopeless on hills - probably due to having no calf muscles☹️. In recent years I've biked the C2C, climbed Ventoux and done the 130km Tour of Flanders sportive 5 times. If I can find the time I'd love to do LE- JoG.
I was given a chance on the Paralympic programme as a category 3 paracyclist a few years back, but living in Scotland and all the para races in England or abroad meant it was financially impossible to me participate. I was a bit pissed off watching the Paralympics this year as I'm sure I could have beaten a few of the medal winners.
I'll only be 61 when Tokyo comes along.....

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Wow, that is a story to put most of us to shame, chapeau

& :welcome:

Looking forward to cheering you on in Tokyo :smile:

snorri

Legendary Member
Tyavin awa' yi ken.:smile:

Top Bottom