First sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sauce pot

Regular
Hello everyone. I am a complete novice to this cycling.
I got an all signing all dancing road bike in January but only started to go out on it in the last couple of months. Anyway my partner signed us up for the Jurrassic Beast Sportive of 36 miles. He had already done a couple of 100 mile Sportives last year. With grit determination and some help up the hills from my partner I completed the course. I was so proud of myself.
So here I am now looking at what goes on in the cycling community.

Hello everyone. I am a complete novice to this cycling.
I got an all signing all dancing road bike in January but only started to go out on it in the last couple of months. Anyway my partner signed us up for the Jurrassic Beast Sportive of 36 miles. He had already done a couple of 100 mile Sportives last year. With grit determination and some help up the hills from my partner I completed the course. I was so proud of myself.
So here I am now looking at what goes on in the cycling community.
Well done on your ride. As far as the rest of us are concerned, just accept that most of us are a couple of links short of a full chain and you will get on famously!! Welcome!

OP
OP
Sauce pot

Sauce pot

Regular
:welcome:

More of us are OK though (just don't mention helmets and you'll be fine. :whistle:)
I had all those types of things shouted at me at work.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Whats an Audax? Sounds painful!
It's an older form of challenge ride. The main differences are that you are riding against a time limit, you have to do your own navigation (no arrows to follow or marshalls guiding you at junctions), you're expected to be self sufficient out on the road and they are usually cheaper events to enter.

Audax means audacious which might give an idea about these rides. ;)

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
HI, If you are not already in a club could be worth a try, Clubs are not for everyone but they may suit you and your partner, My wife is a big part of our club and she loves it, as do i, Plenty of social events going on, pubs, bike maintenance, organized rides and racing. :okay:

OP
OP
Sauce pot

Sauce pot

Regular
Looks like I could be doing the Bournemouth Sportive at the end of the month now. It took its toll on me the Jurrasic Beast one. The Bournemouth one is a little further so I'd be going from 36 miles to 48. To me at this time with a glass of wine chilling out 48 miles is an Epic!!!

Top Bottom