First road bike on the way!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Hi folks,
I'm a complete novice from the NE of Scotland and just bought my first road bike. I'll hopefully collect it on Thursday.
It's a 2015 Giant Defy 1 and I'm looking forward to getting the miles in.
I hope to enter Ride the North next year to give me a target to work towards....

Cheers,
Adam.
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike. Pretty hilly around Stoney is it not? Meant to take a wee run up there in the summer but never got round to it. Spent many happy holidays in caravans on the Queen Elizabeth site which I believe has been done up a bit?

I did the Stonehaven half marathon way back in my running days. Quite a hilly course.

Stick some pics up when you get the bike. We all love to look at new bikes! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
stoneyloon

stoneyloon

Regular
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike. Pretty hilly around Stoney is it not? Meant to take a wee run up there in the summer but never got round to it. Spent many happy holidays in caravans on the Queen Elizabeth site which I believe has been done up a bit?

I did the Stonehaven half marathon way back in my running days. Quite a hilly course.

Stick some pics up when you get the bike. We all love to look at new bikes! :thumbsup:

Yes Stoney is a great place but it's hills on all the routes out of town. Downhill home though...

bikeman66

Welcome to this forum matey. Only been on here a few weeks myself, but everyone seems really friendly and helpful. Great place to pick up useful tips, and you'll find the answers to every technical question you could ever dream of. I've just got my first road bike in about 30 years (a Felt F95) and I absolutely love it, so much in fact that I'm planning a trip down to France in April to ride Mont Ventoux.

I'm sure you'll be inspired and encouraged by the experiences of others on this forum, so stay tuned in bud and enjoy that new bike!

Top Bottom