Etape 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone in the Wirral area who is a bit crap but wants to sort themselves out by setting the insane challenge of riding the Etape up that wall of death Mont Ventoux, or am I alone in my stupidity?:smile:
 
Location
Manchester
I'm thinking about it. How does one go about entering? I'm a bit confused by pre-registering with travel agents and all this. Is it too late to register for entry only? How did you register?
 

Mortiroloboy

Legendary Member
You can try and do it as a privateer, but you'd be better off googling Etape 2009, I believe that there are a couple of companies who have the 'rights' to the event. So you have to buy the package...hotel, place on the event etc.
 

bikie

Guru
Location
Northumberland
I rode it in 2000 got to the top before they closed the road, I have never been so cold on the bike, I had to stop a each bend on the way down to get some feeling back into by hands so I could use the brakes. If your thinking of doing it you should do it or you will regret it.
 

kennykool

Guru
Location
Perthshire
Planning on doing it in 2010. Riding London - Paris July 2009....cannot wait! Also doing Etape caledonia again.



Think I need more miles in my legs before tackling the proper Etape
 
OP
OP
H

haggis65

Guru
I have done it through a company called French Cycling Holidays. It does not come cheap, will end up costing about £800. However, the ride will be hard enough and they will take all the hassle off my back. I think it will be difficult to enter privately now as the entry only options have all gone leaving only the Velo ballot that you need a French address for.
 
Top Bottom