Err, I figure I should introduce myself...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rivers

How far can I go?
Hiya! New to the forum and fairly new-ish to cycling. Up until about 9 months ago, I didn't cycle much, just a few miles here and there when I lived in London to get around town, mainly to my dive club or running errands, with the occasional hungover cycle because it seemed to help. Fast forward to September and now living in Oldland Common (between Bristol and Bath). My CBT expired, so I could no longer ride my scooter to work, and I had to wait 6 weeks for an available space to re-do it. After a week of public transport failing to get me to work, I decided I was going to cycle as I lived right on the Bristol Bath railway path and it was only about 7 miles to work (basically the Globe roundabout in Bath). How hard could it be I thought? Well, the first week was tough. I thought I was going to die and I would never make it. Week 2 was easier and I was making it to and from work without stopping until I got to the hill, and by week 3 I was making it up the hill at the top of campus (although slowly). I found I actually enjoyed cycling in general. Around the same time, the cycle to work scheme people came to work, and after chatting to them and my wife, I purchased a new bike. Nothing flash, but a bit better than my low end Jamis. Even after I re-did my CBT, I continued cycling unless I needed to be somewhere quickly after work until winter hit, when I resumed the scooter on a daily basis.
At the end of January, we moved to Bedminster. This put a damper on my plans to start cycling again once the weather was warm because it was quite a bit farther. But I began to miss it, and spent the latter part of the spring building up my mileage. I've now done the commute quite a few times, finding that I prefer the "quietness" (sort of) of the Bristol Bath railway path as opposed to main roads, even if it's a longer commute (25k each way). Most of my cycling is to and from work as it about 80-90 minutes each way at the moment (I'm slow and have a MTB), but I do tool around town quite a bit.
Just thought I would say hey!

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Hello and :welcome:. Having done the B2B path last month in the 'rush hour' it certainly can be fun at times, but what a great facility, wish my work commute was as good.

subaqua

What’s the point
Hello rivers . You know me from another forum we are both on. I am not a wet suit one ;) you will like here as its a little bit left field in places .

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Hi there and welcome to Cyclechat.

That's a pretty good commute distance you have there...Chapeau!

Top Bottom