Ergon grip angle?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Devonhills

Regular
Just wondering if anyone has any tips on finding the right angle for their Ergon grips. With all the excellent reviews I’ve got some Ergon gp1 evo grips. I’ve just put on and I’m still playing around with them. I’ve seen a lot of recommendations of a tilt upwards of between 30-45 degrees. Obviously it all depends on how your bike is set up.
Currently got them on with about 20 degree angle which had my wrist in a reasonably neutral angle. As I rode on though it felt like my palm wasn’t taking enough of my weight and the crook of my thumb was taking too much. I will reduce the angle further but obviously that will increase the angle at my wrist.
I know it’s trial and error but I’ll take anyones tips on setting them up gladly. Hopefully I’ll get them right before I need new tyres!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Mine are fairly shallow angle - GP3's.

GP2. Set them at what you are comfortable at then go for a ride, take an allen key with you and adjust them as you go.

I need a second pair but the prices have rocketed, if anyone has a different suggestion (all the alternative ones I have seen are molded not adjustable) I'd be grateful!

Top Bottom