Electric radiators

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
We have a longstanding problem with heating in our loft conversion.
The header tank is just a couple of feet above the top of radiator and a long run of level pipework to get out of loft.

After years of problems and multiple attempts to fix, we are giving up and installing an electric replacement.

Two brands on our radar are Fischer and Rointe.

Anyone with experience of those or others?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I know nothing about Rointe or Fischer, but I know how much electricity costs compared to gas or oil. I would do pretty much anything to make wet central heating work in the loft. Can you raise the Feed and Expansion tank to prevent pump over? Did your previous plumbers actually make an intelligent attempt to balance the radiators in the entire house?

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
As a kid we had electric (Oil Filled) radiators, the amount of juice they sucked was astronomical. In our conservatory we have a couple of 'skirting' heaters for when it is seriously below freezing (we overwinter some plants in there that a frost would kill) much more affordable at 500w each made by a company called Glen.

As a kid we had electric (Oil Filled) radiators, the amount of juice they sucked was astronomical. In our conservatory we have a couple of 'skirting' heaters for when it is seriously below freezing (we overwinter some plants in there that a frost would kill) much more affordable at 500w each made by a company called Glen.

I have one for my office in the winter months, rather than running CH on the full house during the day I have that on. TBH this year I'm going to try a month with it on, and a month with the CH on, and see which is cheaper.

I know someone with the same conservatory issue, are these what you mean?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Fisher radiators are very expensive for what they are and do.
Creda and Dimplex do the exact same job but are cheaper. The best place I found that supplied them, good price and great service is the Heater Shop www.heatershop.co.uk

You can also usually find good quality second hand heaters on the bay.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I have one for my office in the winter months, rather than running CH on the full house during the day I have that on. TBH this year I'm going to try a month with it on, and a month with the CH on, and see which is cheaper.

I know someone with the same conservatory issue, are these what you mean?

Yep they are the ones, we only use them sometimes. One is screwed to the wall the other on feet so that we can position it by the french doors

Top Bottom