ebay: Trax TXC.1 MTB £80+

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wouldn't put my mobile number on an ebay ad Matthew.

If someone sends you a message via ebay you can then make a decision as to giving them your number, but I'd edit the ad and take it off public view TBH.

Consider posting if they arrange the courier. All you have to do is put it in a bike box and that is quite straightforward. Most bike shops will have a box spare. It will greatly increase your chances of a sale at a good price.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Imho your not going to get many bids with a starting price that high, if your sure will not take less than a certain amount its better to start it low but put a reserve on it.
Still i do not think someone will pay £80 as everyone wants a bargain, not saying it is not worth it mind .

Put more catch words in your title like Shimano and Crud, things that people might search for to try and improve your audience.

Also I'd forget the reserve and start it low, you'll attract more bidders that way. IME people are more likely to place another bid than they are to start off at a higher price.

If it's not getting bid as much as you want you can always pull it near the end, but the truth is you're not going to get much for it IMO, no offence, just telling it how I see it TBH.

So you have to decide whether your happy to let it go for maybe less than you think it's worth, or you want to keep it as a back up/winter bike.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
So you have to decided whether your happy to let it go for maybe less than you think it's worth, or you want to keep it as a back up/winter bike.
I need to get rid of it and I dont want to see it go for less than £80.

I have relisted it without a reserve and modded the description a little. But I wont let it go for less than £80.

HovR

Über Member
Take off the accessories and sell it for cheaper. If I'm not mistaken you can (or could?) buy that bike new for not a whole lot more than £80?

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Take off the accessories and sell it for cheaper. If I'm not mistaken you can (or could?) buy that bike new for not a whole lot more than £80?
The bike cost me £90 however I bought the accessories with it which made it more like £130. I still think its a bargain bearing in mind it is basically as new and comes with all the accessories.

But I wont let it go for less than £80.
I fear you've got yourself a back up bike then Matthew. Trying to dictate the price of a used bike is never easy, and even harder the lower down the spectrum they are IMO.

HovR's idea is a good one. The Crud guards will sell easily enough, and you should be able to shift the computer and gloves as well. Then you can offset them and let the bike go cheaper.

£80 does seem hugely optimistic TBH. Remember, your sentimentality isn't worth a jot to a new owner.

[EDIT] just seen your last reply. I think the rule of thumb is 50% what you paid for a bike in good condition. I didn't know what you'd paid, but now I do I'd have to say that £80 is a pipe dream, sorry.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
As i said before you tried to sell it, everyone wanta s a bargain and if you did a search for completed listing on bikes sold you would see that unless its a top spec machine you will not get a lot

Top Bottom