e bike theft.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Squire
So sat outside Costa in Headingley.In the shade furthest table back,when a blur of black shoots from around a corner two scrotes, in black typical trackies.Four pulls on a bike.Then a member of the public tries to stop it.Second chap lumps him and knocks his glasses off.i am up then,, but furthest away.Off they went chased by the young chap who had just been lumped.i talks to him other people ask if he is ok.It all happened so quick.Owner comes back,He can't believe it.I ask was it an e bike.yes four and a half grands worth.But with a crap chain just four tugs and it snapped.i did not state the obvious a better lock,might have slowed them down.

Jameshow

Veteran
So sat outside Costa in Headingley.In the shade furthest table back,when a blur of black shoots from around a corner two scrotes, in black typical trackies.Four pulls on a bike.Then a member of the public tries to stop it.Second chap lumps him and knocks his glasses off.i am up then,, but furthest away.Off they went chased by the young chap who had just been lumped.i talks to him other people ask if he is ok.It all happened so quick.Owner comes back,He can't believe it.I ask was it an e bike.yes four and a half grands worth.But with a crap chain just four tugs and it snapped.i did not state the obvious a better lock,might have slowed them down.

Could have been me a few weeks ago....!😢

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
my commuter has anti theft extras....
drop bars
mudgaurds
pannier rack
joking aside its locked in a padlocked bike shed at work and there are plenty of more desirable bikes there that sometime not even locked.The only time i leave a bike elsewhere is at cafes that are chosen for their location,clientele ans i still use a cafe lock and keep it in sight, at one cafe i remember seeing an unlocked top of the line madone just left in plain sight ..........

Just shows that cheap chains are only worth it is a delay of a few seconds would be enough to deter them or allow someone to stop them

WHich would be OK for a cheap old run-a-round or if you are going to be within a few feet of the bike anyway

But anything more requires a better lock - or at least for something that LOOKS like a better lock

In most cases deterrence is the main thing unless they have arrived fully prepared with an angle grinder

We're there any cameras to assist the Wallopers with their inquiries?

my commuter has anti theft extras....
drop bars
mudgaurds
pannier rack
joking aside its locked in a padlocked bike shed at work and there are plenty of more desirable bikes there that sometime not even locked.The only time i leave a bike elsewhere is at cafes that are chosen for their location,clientele ans i still use a cafe lock and keep it in sight, at one cafe i remember seeing an unlocked top of the line madone just left in plain sight ..........

Now there is a bigger market for ebikes than expensive road bikes.

Top Bottom