Dolan Hercules SE, Sram Rival, Mavic Aksium wheels, full rebuild

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
I purchased this frame for the groupset and wheels (Campag Centaur and Mavic Krysium), which I'm plundering to swap onto an identical bike, but in my size.

The Dolan is reputed to be a lovely quick bike, and used by very competitive cyclists, but is also very comfortable, and is particularly popular in Ireland, where it apparently 'smoothes out our rough roads'. Used by a pro team out there too (Sean Kelly?).

This frame size is 48, but due to the sloping top tube, it fits 5'7'' to 5'10''. I only recently heard about Dolan, and I think the Hercules SE is a real gem, and much undervalued. With the post rebuildr specification, it still sells for £1,699 (see Peter Weigh cycles). Please excuse the stock photo, but I'll get some more uploaded shortly, however also there's a good reason for not posting details photos of the bike as it is now. Please bear with me.

So the bike will be stripped down on Monday, to build up my new bike. It will then be fully rebuilt, with new cable set, and all components checked, cleaned, and repaired as necessary. If anybody is interested, then this would be the point at which any specific components, or modifications could be specified, for example, a particular length or angle stem, etc.

The bicycle will be virtually as new in appearance, and the groupset has virtually no wear (new in 2013 and very light use). The frame dates from 2009, but is in very good condition.

Any queries, let me now! Oh, nearly forgot, price £750 fully built, using components as below.

Frame: Dolan Hercules SE 48cm
Wheels: Mavic Aksium
Groupset: Sram Rival
Finishing set: 3t

It will be more or less as per this link:
http://www.grahamweighcycles.com/gwcshop/product.php?id_product=59

Attachments

• dolan.jpg
    dolan.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 24
Top Bottom