Does anyone know anything about this bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SweetP89

Hey
My partner is looking at buying this bike but I can't find any information about it anywhere.
Does anyone have any information on it or know if it's any good?
1000018859.png

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Looks fairly low end bike , a quick Google says viking bikes were made in he 1990s in the Midlands

figbat

Slippery scientist
In the great scheme of things, no, it isn’t any good.

However if it is wanted as a cheap and low risk way of moving around then it would likely fit the bill and be as good as it needs to be.

I wouldn’t be taking it to any bike parks though.

gizmo1994

Worth? Zero in its current state. Take a look at the front disk rotor and note how it misses the caliper by about the width of a wheel. Anyone thinking of asking for money from a member of the public for that should be ashamed of themselves. They can't even put a wheel on the right way round.

AndyRM

XOXO
It wouldn't get far with the puncture either or the tyre half way off the rim either.

I suspect it's a case of the owner taking it off, deciding they couldn't be bothered fixing it and sticking it back on quickly for the picture.

Try it out if it's OK buy it, just becaues your a member of cyclechat you don't need a £2000 bike :whistle:
I've got a BSO and on a quick look you would just pass it by, but I've covered 1000s of miles with a trailer and filled with camping gear
all without any trouble
View attachment 747369

Are those forks added by you? They look very like the Pace RS36 Racing forks, very expensive bitd.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Are those forks added by you? They look very like the Pace RS36 Racing forks, very expensive bitd.

That was a later add-on......it's when I had some money, yes Pace forks, Stratos rear suspention, XT/LX groupset
XT hubs with mavic rims, carbon bars and seat stem, not forgetting the saddle it's a Italian job with quited leather top.
But this started out at a £300 BSO

si_c

Guru
That was a later add-on......it's when I had some money, yes Pace forks, Stratos rear suspention, XT/LX groupset
XT hubs with mavic rims, carbon bars and seat stem, not forgetting the saddle it's a Italian job with quited leather top.
But this started out at a £300 BSO

To be fair, £300 is well above BSO territory, that tends to be around £100-£150 at best.

Hey
My partner is looking at buying this bike but I can't find any information about it anywhere.
Does anyone have any information on it or know if it's any good?
View attachment 747306

As an off road sports bike, this is not up to the task. It resembles a full sus off roader in looks.
As an everyday utility bike, it will get you from A to B but not as nicely as other types. The suspension is unnecessary, heavy creaky and may need maintennance. There is no good way of fitting standard luggage rack and bolt on mudguards. The quality of components on this model is not bad but the overall mark is "could do better".

Top Bottom