Dawes Karakum tourer REDUCED

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Geoff Crowther

"... travel far, not fast", Ted Simon
NOW REDUCED ASKING PRICE
I've had this Dawes Karakum since January this year, when I bought it new.
It's an 18" frame. I bought it online using Dawes' sizing guide and it fit me fine. I'm 5' 8" and average build.
It's taken me across the Coast to Coast and on a couple of tours related on here.
I'm now on the verge of ordering a Thorn expedition tourer so I can access more difficult terrain.
Have a look here for the complete spec:
http://www.rutlandcycling.com/145249/products/dawes-karakum-gents-2013-touring-bike.aspx
That's the spec of a Karakum by the way, not a Thorn expedition tourer :rolleyes:.
My bike comes complete with a two-legged Esge Pletscher kickstand and ... wait for it ... drum roll ................................. a bell ... yaay! AND two shiny aluminium bottle cages. Oh yeah, an' it's got Shimano M520, mountain-bikey-type clipless (why are they called that???) SPD pedals.
It's very clean with only the most minor of scuffs and marks and looks like it's a few months old and has been used ... which it is ... and it has. There's nowt wrong with it.
Here's some pics.

IMG_0638.JPG

IMG_0641.JPG

IMG_0639.JPG

As you can see, it's got them there butterfly bars. Thankfully they don't fly off if you let go of 'em. They're quite comfy actually.
The kickstand holds one or t'other wheel off the ground so you can do on-the-road maintenance type stuff ... if that turns you on.
I've carried around 20kgs of luggage on it on my camping tours, with no problem, using 4 panniers.
I reckon I've cycled around 500 or 600 miles on it. That's an educated guess (yeah, I've been educated).
In short, I'm only sellin' it cos I bought the wrong bike. I want one wot'll take me over rougher ground than the Karakum might like. So I'm off to see a nice man (I hope) at Thorn Cycles next week.
What can I say? It's a nice, well looked after bicycle, and it can be yours for £450.
NOW REDUCED TO £350
Ask anything you like ... so long as it's not rude :thumbsup:.
Cheers
Geoff
PS I'm in Hayfield, North Derbyshire

Last edited:
OP
OP
Geoff Crowther

Geoff Crowther

"... travel far, not fast", Ted Simon
As you'll see if you read the above I've now reduced the asking price from £450 to £350.
A bargain, surely, for a nearly new touring bike equipped with mudguards, front and rear racks, bottle cages AND a bell!
It's ready to set off on your next adventure.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
That is a good buy for someone.I would put an ad in your local freeads paper.

Ebay is an option but I would put a reserve price on it or you could end up selling at a silly price.

Last edited:
Top Bottom