Dads Sun Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tommo22

Im restoring my Dads old Sun Bike.Its a Sun Wasp,He bought it new in 1958,It was yellow but not sure of the shade?Frame been sand blasted,made a new gear cable support brazed on.Painted this week,will have a look on the net at bikes for correct colour.I think its a 'CHAMPION DU MONDE'
as looked at some on the net frames are the same with all the pump lugs and gear changes in the same place.
Keep posted how its going.

OP
OP
T

tommo22

Well frame and forks sand blasted now painted to the orginal colour yellow.Bought brooks saddle,campagnolo nuovo gran sport rear derailleur as dads old one the gears are worn,
vintage campagnolo nuovo valentino front mech NOS nuovo record /gran sport

Put pics on when start to rebuild.

OP
OP
T

tommo22

the frame and forks look great in the right colour yellow,tour de france yellow jersey coulor.Got
Vintage Campagnolo Nuovo / Super Record 36h BSA hubs hubset 100 - 126,Weinmann polished aluminum rims 27"1"1/4,will get the wheel sbuilt,Vintage Campagnolo Nuovo Record Italian steel 1' inch headset,

1958 CAMPAGNOLO RECORD STRADA CHAINSET - 165 -49/44 RINGS.

No I need to know what size bottom bracket I need for the chain set can any one help as the old one was cottered.All the alley has been polished and the steel parts are ready to get rechromed.The Brakes were taken off by dad ane replaced with center pull type,but the orginals are mint,never used so will go back on.

Top Bottom