Cyclist killed in Fife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Location
Fly Fifer
 

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Location
Fly Fifer
I know quite a bit more as this involves my wifes, pals sister in law as the driver, so details slowly coming out :sad: She is understandably in shock from what we have been told but no ID on the cyclist as yet. I just hope it was a genuine accident for her sake :sad:
 
I don't usually add to these 'cyclist down' threads, but when I heard about this one on the radio today, it really affected me. I don't know anyone involved, but the increasing rate of cyclist fatalities is dreadful. It appears this latest collision was on a rural road, the type I'm usually cycling on. We can only express our concerns to those in power and hope for action to reverse this terrible trend.:sad:
 

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Location
Fly Fifer
@HLaB do or did you know Alistair Speed ? It looks like he was into his TT in a big way around our way ? I posted this up on one of my facebook Groups and his name popped came to light ?
 
@HLaB do or did you know Alistair Speed ? It looks like he was into his TT in a big way around our way ? I posted this up on one of my facebook Groups and his name popped came to light ?
Just heard from a mate, he was only laughing and joking with him on a TT last night :cry::cry::cry:
 

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Location
Fly Fifer
your mate must have posted in my thread, shame :sad: . Not heard any more from my wifes friend as yet.... sounds like he may have been clipped from behind?? it will all come out eventually.
 

Mr Foldy

Veteran
Location
Fife
Oh dear. It is starting to feel like a regular occurrence. It feels a bit real for me because Scotland is having a bad time of it.
 
OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Location
Scotland
R.I.P.
Did they have to end with this;
The road is currently closed but it is due to re-open by 16:00.

I suppose it is necessary to inform other road users of the closure/reopening but it does have an insensitive feel to it. A bit like saying life will be back to normal at 4 o'clock, when it will be anything but for the victim's family.

GC
 
Top Bottom