Cycling Mileage broken down to sessions in one day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abe_N

Regular
It has been real hot in Houston and i have been training indoors on my Nordic Track (simulated incline and resistance) for a cycling event in Europe. Is a 60 or 80 miler broken to 20+ milers performed during one day give me the same training benefit as done in one shot? I have a hard time doing the mileage in one shot when i am biking indoors. Kindly advise. Thank you fellow cyclists

CXRAndy

Guru
It has been real hot in Houston and i have been training indoors on my Nordic Track (simulated incline and resistance) for a cycling event in Europe. Is a 60 or 80 miler broken to 20+ milers performed during one day give me the same training benefit as done in one shot? I have a hard time doing the mileage in one shot when i am biking indoors. Kindly advise. Thank you fellow cyclists

Almost yes. It's the training volume overall that gives you the fitness.

I personally found once I could ride 3 hours indoors non stop I was capable of 8+ hours outdoor riding with a few refreshment stops

As long as you are steadily increasing your overall time week on week, you will continue to get fitter

Top Bottom