Cycling Is My New Hobby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cotwolds

At least that is the plan. I've sat on my bottom for too many years working in offices and I want to cycle to improve my fitness.

I want to take my small dog with me on cycle rides, and to this end have been scouring the internet for the best bike for the job.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
:welcome:Good decision, cycling is a great hobby for improving fitness.
19928340_ml.jpg

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
At least that is the plan. I've sat on my bottom for too many years working in offices and I want to cycle to improve my fitness.

I want to take my small dog with me on cycle rides, and to this end have been scouring the internet for the best bike for the job.

Hi and welcome to cyclechat.

Sounds to me like a Pashley Princess would be right up your street. Very beautiful classic bike, very practical for riding in all types of attire and known for the famous wicker "dog" basket that is much copied by others.

Pendleton do a similar design (see Halfords) but in brighter colours.

I may be wrong but i think they are generally referred to as Dutch style bikes, generally a step through frame, with chain and mudguards.

I have a real soft spot for them myself....can you tell?

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Welcome to Cyclechat!

I'll let others help with Bike advice but you've picked a good hobby, if you enjoy it, its the easiest way to keep fit.

You might want to post the question in the buying subforum if you would like some advice

Good advice from above. I just need to clarify that your dog is as keen on the idea as you are.

If it suddenly wants to 'hop' out of its enclosure, it could be quite painful and dangerous for both of you.

If it's well trained (and has a careful nature) one of these might be suitable:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSc8dN2hr4BdlAIJmyigdL6IlY6eHLOBohQPbTAaKPARMJznQ-5.jpg

Or if it's aloof, then this is ideal:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcZK8g1LE_sJC2ihlfaCe79Tb960GMzRFaGALNkkGConyLR0etZg.jpg

If it's laid-back:

ae01d773b014c3f9af094ea56e0a7c4a.jpg

Or if it was born to be wild:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfPWNmFhMiv9UZQXRhijxIrDxIDPvcEXgINA203_Df1y7dpuSRQQ.jpg

Good luck and enjoy your cycling.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Oh, and don't forget the accessories

cooldog.jpg

Nibor

Bewildered
The bike you need depends a bit on what sort terrain you will be riding (surfaces and how hilly) and what sort of surface (roads, cycle paths or tracks etc.) which ever bike you get you will be able to adapt it to carry your dog appropriately.

I have a friend with 4 small dogs she has a trailer

Top Bottom