Cover for bikes when on a towbar bike rack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ETAF

i have a couple of e-bikes - 1 is quite big
I purchased covers for when the bikes are stored in garage - i wanted strong covers as i also use the garage for DIY sawing , planing etc
I have a motor cycle oxford stormex and a cycle oxford stomex cover
they are no good for the Folding Thurle bike rack - as the arms come out at the top and so covers cannot be used on towbar rack, overe each bike and would need to go behind the back section and the front of the bikes - so needs to be wider thne just 1 bike

Now i then saw and purchased a toptrex cheap 3 bike cover off amazon, which looked like the perfect solution to go over the bikes completely - just to keep the worse of the rain and any dirt/oil etc off the road onto the bikes
BUT that was much to big and blow/flapped all over the place
I then got the 2 bike version and it fitted well, replaced and added some straps with clips so it went round the wheels easy and the middle clipped together
Worked perfectly , and i used some velco to strap top to bottom and left to right to keep it all together - seemed to work well although i had the velcro side down in 1 area and it fluffed up

now i have just been on a trip 150miles , and the cover where the velcro - smooth side on the cloth and its now full of holes
I'm going to use gaffa tape (which i have with me, when it stops raining ) to cover the holes and hopefully where the straps goes and rubs , and so that may stop in it in the future
If as i say it stops raining, as the bikes cant get into the cabin we are in door and corridor to narrow , then i will be able to test that setup on the 150M return journey
The drag was OK, but was done around the 32MPG mark for the trip

any suggestions for something i can cover the bikes on the towbar

Attachments

• IMG_1082.jpeg
    IMG_1082.jpeg
    212.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1078.jpeg
    IMG_1078.jpeg
    336.9 KB · Views: 9
Top Bottom