Couldn't keep away

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Welcome back @toeknee :hello:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:welcome: back @toeknee - and hope this time you get the bug :bicycle: ... the winter one might be harder to catch - but spring is not too far away .... is it ?? Please ???? :ohmy:

Slow and steady, as you say - and in daylight ! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
toeknee

toeknee

Über Member
Hi all,

Sorry that wasn't much of a re introduction, I have just sat and read most of my pms & posts from 2013 to present, and must admit I was rather embarrassed with some of the things I wrote, most of that time I was struggling with depression, whilst trying to keep an eye on my wife, who has really bad depression, and also I was under aloe of financial pressure, with time off work, either myself or looking after my wife, add to this my son being at university at the time aswell, I soon started taking comfort in drinking cans on a regular basis at night ( money I know ), but as I thought would be a stress reliever, but as we all know it's not, and doesn't help with depression in the slightest, I know this is no excuse whatsoever, but in some of these darker times, I wasn't the nicest person sometimes on the forum, and said some nasty and stupid things, so if any of you where the unfortunate respondent of any of my horrible responses, then I can only apologise, and hope you can forgive me.
I also noticed looking back all of the sales of cycling related items from myself, and can know understand why the moderators of the site have watched me, I can once again only apologise and explain this as needing to sell items to help my son when he was in university ( a bike being one of them), and also jumping feet first into purchases that where either unsuitable or ill fitting.
So on a positive note, my son left university, and is know a senior event manager for a company in Leeds, my wife's a little better than she was, but still has the odd down day, I have cut down on my drinking , and feel a lot more positive about things, the main turn around has been need not to send my son money,sometimes I would be 2 or 3 weeks in the month without money ( crazy times), but worth while, as he has a new life in Leeds,own apartment, good job. So now I have money over at the end of the month.
When I stopped cycling last year, I decided to take up fishing, and I think this in its self has also helped me, as it is total chill out time, in tranquil surroundings. But now I want to give cycling another go, as I'm not getting any younger, and want to try and stay relatively fit if I can, as I stated in my original post, i am going to do things gradually, not be taken in by the cycling magazines, and just take it at my own pace and build up slowly, so I will enjoy it more.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Regards
Tony.

Flyboy

Am out local Sunday if your around, I only have a MTB for the roads . Am looking at doing full Wirral loop with a bit added (nets cafe)

OP
OP
toeknee

toeknee

Über Member
Hi flyboy,

I'm afraid it's my wife's 50th on Sunday, so can't make it, but thanks for the offer, just let me get going again and I will join you, I suspect I will be puffing like a steam train for a few months while I get used to it again....^_^
Good cafe nets.....:hungry:

Tony

Salar

A fish out of water
Hi salar,

What's your preferred fishing, or does your avatar say it all.....?

Tony.

Hi Tony,

Bit of everything, mostly trout and grayling, given up on salmon and sewin for the time being.
Also a bit of sea fishing and have started to get back into coarse fishing, but it's limited down my way.

OP
OP
toeknee

toeknee

Über Member
Hi salar,

I started on the rod, joined a club , and seen people with these black long things over the water.....what are they I thought, soon discovered poles, and started pole fishing, at the moment I'm into carp fishing, and enjoying it.

Tony.

Salar

A fish out of water
I started carp fishing this season, never fished for them before.

I've a lake close to me which has a few doubles in it and allows fly fishing.

Here's a low double I had a few weeks ago on the fly rod. The reel is a big Okuma, not a small trout reel.

310.jpg

Top Bottom