Considering a recumbent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
I'm in totally new territory here and it's only a vague consideration, but I spotted this recumbent on Facebook and I have to say I'm tempted:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/7914179321980817/

Screenshot_2024-08-08-08-21-55-74_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

I've not seen anything quite like it, and the industrial looks appeal but as I said I know nothing about this style of bike.

It's claimed to be "vintage" and going off the components that seems accurate. Generally seems to be in OK nick, nothing a tidy up wouldn't solve. And that seat looks... sticky!

Anything specifically I should be looking out for? Is this an absolute disaster of a 'bent or is it worth a punt?

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Screenshot_2024-08-08-08-30-54-91_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Sharky

Guru
Can you try before you buy?
Questions- how do you adjust for leg length? Does the seat slide fore/aft?

At £50, must be worth it.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Can you try before you buy?
Questions- how do you adjust for leg length? Does the seat slide fore/aft?

At £50, must be worth it.

It's local so I'll ask.

The leg length thing has always been a concern for me (which is daft I know when most things are adjustable), but I have really, really long legs and arms and basically no torso so while I know what I'm after on a standard bike I've no idea here.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
I have heard back from the seller and the seat doesn't move so I think I'll leave it.

Thanks for the advice @Sharky, much appreciated.

I suppose now the thread can be what make it is? I've seen a few recumbents over the years but none which looks quite like this.

My initial reaction was that it's a bit of a BSO but it looks better than that, home made almost but that might just be the raw finish.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
For the price though it may worth getting just to see how it ticks and do up a bit for a better price perhaps?

Whilst out injured - I couldn't ride an upright bike. I purchased a used bachetta giro 20.

Had some real fun on it - would highly recommend trying a recumbent. I sold it when I finally got over the injury. A decision I regret now - Id love to go for a blast on it again.

Going downhill a recumbent is serious fun.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Yeah, they are a lot of fun! This one isn't meant to be sadly.

Top Bottom