Complete and utter beginner!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

X5OT

Hi everyone!

Having done plenty of cycling when I was at Uni 20 years ago (just commuting), and having never cycled since, I decided to dust off my Uni mountain bike and take it for a spin a few weeks ago. Only went on a 7 mile short round-trip on village country roads, but it was enough for me to want to get cycling again. I decided my heavy old MTB wasn't quite up to the job, so a new bike was required. I set myself a £500 budget and after doing some research I have purchased an entry level Forme road bike; Longcliffe 5.0 FE. Had a great fitting service at C&D bikes, Kettering (not local to me but my closest Forme stockist), and - after some essential adjustments - I picked up my bike a couple of weeks ago. We headed off on holiday the next day, and arrived home yesterday to rain, rain, rain, so I have not managed to get out on the bike yet!!!

I've got some initial questions about clothing for the wet, cold months, but I'm guessing there is a section specifically for those queries, so suffice to say 'hello' and I hope to get cycling very soon!!

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello. Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy the experience . :welcome:

Ganymede

Veteran
You're going to have such a great time. I'm afraid it's raining again today though.... depending on where you are, but most of the UK is suffering a Bank Holiday washout!

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi and :welcome:

Bryony

Veteran
:welcome: from a fellow Forme owner!! I have the Longcliffe 4.0fe 2013, and I love it! Hope you get as much enjoyment out of yours as I do mine ^_^

Last edited:
OP
OP
X

X5OT

Thanks for all the welcome messages!

Bryony; is yours the black and purple one? I hunted high and low for the 4.0 FE 2013 as I love the colour but couldn't find one in a 49 frame size anywhere so went for the 5.0 FE 2014 instead.

Top Bottom