Come and live in Victoria Australia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes, near Canberra, afaicr a shift worker going to or from work.

Apologies, the article above does also say that:

Mr Barker, who was taking part in the Indian Pacific Wheel Race for the sixth time, is believed to be the second cyclist to die in that event.

In 2017, ultra-endurance racer Mike Hall was hit by a car and killed on the Monaro Highway in the ACT.

It is also not the first cyclist fatality on the Eyre Highway.

In April 2021, an environmental campaigner who was cycling across the country was killed by a truck driver in a drug-fuelled crash on the Nullarbor.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Is this just about rail travel or can include other observations about life in Victoria?
If the latter I can confirm that Australians are quite different to Europeans.
While I was there in Melbourne I was chatting with a neighbour of the in laws and he told me a story about when he was leaving for work at about 6:30am . He stepped out of his house to find a car parked on his drive, upon inspection it contained a man and woman engaged in intimate activity. Upon asking the man if he could move his car as he had to go to work the driver said: 'No worries mate' and duly moved the car to the curb outside, jumped into the back seat and continued.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I found it far more laid back on public transort in Oz. And Taxi drivers were far more accomodating. Don't know about now (this was 20 years ago) but it was a world apart from what I've experienced in the UK. I've been refused a bus because the driver didn't know what an e-ticket was. I've been refused to be let off a bus, even though it was stopping anyway, because my ticket said my destination was further along the route. None of this nonsense in Oz. We even got a Taxi one night to a remote Hostel and it was locked for the night. The Taxi driver waited whilst we snuck in the side and slept on the sofa, and didn't charge us anything.

Top Bottom